E-Discovery Project Manager
Location: Washington, DC
The Project Manager will generally be responsible for more than one active case at a time; a caseload of six to ten "moderately active, moderately-sized" cases will be typical, with several of the cases possibly in the discovery and/or document coding stage, one case in trial, several in the deposition preparation/witness binder stage, etc.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing all support for the case, including monitoring work flow, progress reporting, identifying and assigning staff, budget development and tracking, coordinating technical/data processing support, and obtaining other required resources. Performs an active quality assurance role to ensure high quality work delivered on time. Ensures that proper security is maintained overall project materials, in accordance with Department security procedures. Coordinates with other Contractor components to deliver project support.
Responsible for managing a staff 2-3 employees, which will include coaching, counseling, career development, assessment, and other employee relations/ development actions.
- Primary tools supported: Relativity
- Development of best practice models: oversee and monitor team best practices, develop and promote standard protocols for re-occurring services, etc.
- Operational Management: Provide daily oversight of service delivery, supervise and manage the team, ensure appropriate tracking of work, develop and monitor goals and objectives, etc.
- Mentor and discipline personnel, conduct performance reviews, and make appropriate recommendations to management
- Report activities for department and ensure compliance with directives (timesheets, status reports, etc.) instituted by management
- Oversee intra, inter-department coordination and collaboration
- Manage projects and deliverables, assist with architecting projects, project planning and scoping, develop project schedules and all other work involved in the overall management of projects
- Work with others to assure project success
- Assign and manage resources based on the needs within the department, this includes leveling and managing overall work effort within the department
- Assist with maintaining monthly status reporting (i.e. billing, client-facing user reports, etc)
- Location: Washington DC – 5 blocks from the WhiteHouse (walkable to several metros)
- Assume other tasks as may be assigned or directed
- Ability to obtain MBI government security clearance (public trust)
- The position requires a professional that is highly organized and results-driven with the ability to effectively manage projects in a fast-paced environment and can influence others so as to achieve the desired results.
- Relativity experience of 3+ years (beyond doc review level – must be running searches, running production prep)
- Requires a minimum of four years’ experience in managing delivery of litigation support services (including people and processes)
- Strong Communication skills
- Previously demonstrated positive leadership and highly effective written and oral communication skills, indicative of ability to articulate ideas and to direct and motivate staff.
- Proven experience in leading, training, process development.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel and to collaborate in a variety of team settings.
- Must be able to anticipate litigation support needs and develop and execute detailed plans for addressing those needs
- Undergraduate degree required. Law degree, advanced technical certification, or other pertinent graduate degree preferred. Substantial significant experience may in some cases be substituted for degree requirement