C & C International Recruitment Accepting Resumes For
Senior Paralegal and Supervisory Paralegal
to assist in the work of the
U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division
Office of Litigation Support Services
Washington D.C. 20002
This is a temporary to permanent hire position with a pay rate of $ 31.00 an hour. The expected annual salary after permanent hire of $ 64,480.
This is a temporary to permanent hire position with a hourly pay rate to be determined.
Period of Performance:
Monday through Friday, office hours
- Two (2) page resume in MS Word format, over all 1” margins, 10-pitch font
- One (1) page with at least three (3) professional references in the following format: MS Word, over all 1” margins, 10-pitch font
Name of Reference:
Relationship to candidate during tenure:
Please have a legal writing sample available if requested for further consideration.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance
National Agency Check Inquiry (NACI) federal background check
- Minimum two (2) year of litigation paralegal support, including trial support
- Minimum one (1) year litigation support/ eDiscovery
- Minimum three (3) years litigation paralegal support, including trial support
- Minimum two (2) years in eDiscovery litigation support
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience, including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys
Qualifications for both Senior and Supervisory Paralegal
- Paralegal Certificate
- Thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and WestLaw
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Access or other data bases), Word Perfect and Adobe Acrobat Professional or similar applications.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications including word processing, database (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging
- Experience with legal writing
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Track record of utilizing legal analyses to recommend course of actions/ final dispositions
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources
- Requires hands-on familiarity with electronically stored information (ESI) tools, e-discovery procedures and resources
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff
- Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to meet deadlines, maintain a high-level of productivity without sacrificing accuracy
- Attention to detail.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, preferred.
- Automated litigation support experience valued (i.e. Oracle, Concordance, Summation, Trial Director, Relativity, or similar applications)
- Trial experience very helpful
- Current or active security clearance