C & C International, Recruitment Accepting Resumes For
eDiscovery Project Manager
to assist in the work of the
U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division
Litigation Support Services
Washington, D.C. 20036
This is a contract employment position with a pay rate of $ 45.50 an hour.
Travel is not required for this position.
Period of Performance:
Through December 2021, with potential for annual contract extension
- A one-paragraph overview highlighting each candidate’s qualifications for the position, software experience, education, and certifications
- Resume for each person in MS Word format, over all 1” margins, 10-pitch font, maximum 3 pages
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance through federal background check
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- U.S. Government security clearance preferred
- Bachelors of Science (B.S.)/ Bachelors of Arts (B.A.) degree or equivalent work experience (10+ years of litigation support)
- Ideal candidate will have five (5) years eDiscovery/ litigation support experience, as a manager,
with a focus on client solutions
- Minimum five (5) years as a leader with direct reports and project responsibilities
- Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills with both eDiscovery technical teams and non-technical business leaders and team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment agile work environment
- Experience and familiarity with eDiscovery Services covering all realms of the electronic data reference model, or EDRM (File to Trial)
U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division, Litigation Support Services:
Scope of Work:
- Case Management - Policy & Protocol Development and Implementation
- Data Preservation/Collections/Recovery
- Incident Responses
- Data processing / Conversion | Image Scanning / Conversion
- Cloud Hosting
- Database Creation - Loading - Administration - Archiving
- Data Analytics & Workflow Design
- Technology Assisted Review Protocol & Implementation
- Language Translations
- Curriculum Development & Trainings
- Expert Witnesses & Financial Investigators
- Review Staffing & Management
- Trial Prep - Support - Staffing – Presentation
This position reports to and takes work direction from a Lead Project Manager, Deputy Director and Director level management. This position manages the direct reports of Project Supervisors, Task Supervisors, Law Clerks (document review attorneys) and other eDiscovery personnel as needed.
As a project manager, you will assist with the management of cases by driving work through various operational departments to meet litigation project requests. This includes creating work orders for tasks associated with data intake, processing, hosting and production and completing quality checks to ensure the accuracy and completeness of work product before it is released to clients. Project managers are hands on with the advanced technology: running advanced analytics, technology assisted review projects, production sweeps and dynamic quality control steps.
This position requires a strong eDiscovery and leadership background, solid understanding of eDiscovery methodologies, excellent client management skills, and experience in leading projects with cross-functional technical and legal teams. Successful candidates must be action-oriented, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to executive, business, technical, and client audiences. In addition, the ideal candidate needs to be able to establish an effective project management approach that will deliver on the goals and objectives of all assigned projects.
Day to Day Duties:
- This role is responsible for developing project and client workflow standards, managing to a case or client annual budget, providing a consultative approach to problem solving, and identifying critical paths to completing projects with a focus on reducing costs, increasing speed of delivery and promoting the use of innovate technology to exceed client expectations.
- Serve as a key stakeholder in the development of proposal and project documentation, including requirements, timelines, resource allocations, cost projections, and operational processes.
- Develop strong partnerships with the clients and supporting Leidos team leaders to provide stellar customer service.
- Effectively communicate technology and project strategies and trade-offs to senior and executive management as well as development teams.
- Assist with developing solution proposals and responding to RFIs and RFPs
- Track and report on project and program budgets.
- Establish or refine processes and delivery methodologies to enable successful delivery on project goals.
- Coordinate with other project stakeholders to ensure the quality of all project deliverables in a proactive fashion.
- Consistently deliver well-articulated, balanced, and informed communications of project statuses to internal and external stakeholders. This requires the ability to effectively assess project health (i.e., time, cost, and resource statuses/impacts) and communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Participate in defining and maintaining the processes and tools that allow organizational leaders to effectively manage project lifecycle and change management processes.
- Facilitate standing meetings between key project stakeholders.
- Facilitate retrospectives and lessons-learned processes with large, cross-functional teams.
- Serve as a key stakeholder in the management of risks and issues across projects and within teams.
- Establish collaborative relationships with co-workers and team members.
- Assist Upper Management in other client service tasks as needed
- Respond to client requests and provide consultation to clients to service all client eDiscovery needs
- Develop, modify and implement workflows, essentials resources needed to progress work through the system, and tools being utilized
- Initiate work on behalf of clients by crafting and submitting work orders for tasks associated with data processing, review, and production
- Conduct quality checks to ensure accuracy and completeness of job instructions and of final work product
- Communicate expectations for scope and deadlines to internal and external stakeholders
- Establish informed project schedules based on a solid understanding of project activities, sequences of events, dependencies, work effort, duration of tasks across departments, and associated resource requirements based upon the complexity of work and the size of the queue
- Participate in project management tasks including kick-off call preparation and completion, and documentation of workflows, standards and project closure tasks such as final billing and data destruction
- Maintain an understanding of e-discovery, market competitors and the tools used to support the industry