C&C International Recruitment Accepting Resumes For:
Litigation Support Services
U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division
Washington, D.C. 20002
**Candidate should have strong editing background and ability to work with multiple groups across the division.
This is a temporary to permanent hire contract position with an hourly pay rate to be determined based on the following:
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for the Washington D.C. area for the position
- Federal contract position description and requirements
- Candidate experience and qualifications
Please provide requested salary in a cover letter in addition to a resume.
No travel required for this position.
Period of Performance:
Monday through Friday, eight (8) hour work schedule, day time office hours
Telecommuting approved for the position; employee may be required to perform tasks at office location given prior notification
Requested Resume Format:
- A one-paragraph overview highlighting qualifications for the position, software certifications, and education.
- Resume for each person in MS Word format, over all 1” margins, 10-pitch font, maximum 3 pages
- Three (3) professional references:
Name of Reference:
Relationship to candidate during tenure:
- Request to upload resume with references as one file, no more than three (3) pages, in the above format
- Email resume and references as one file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional references are requested to assist in with determining reliability and character of applicants. Resume without references may not be considered.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. government Public Trust security clearance
(active security clearance preferred)
- Must demonstrate substantial, hands-on, successful experience in actually doing the work on the systems being used, usually at least three (3) years of such experience
- Coding Web Applications
- Also, knowledge of latest technologies and languages such as MVC, Entity Framework, JQuery, Bootstrap, and HyperText Markup Language (HTML5)
- Data migration activities to include end-to-end data migration activities such as: data analysis, mapping, writing extraction logic and data quality & validation processes to ensure the successful migration of data from Oracle to SQL Server 2016
- General knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Server, User Interface Design, web design and technology security, relational database exposure and OO principles.
- Candidate must have strong working knowledge of migration from Oracle to SQL Server, which include database schemas conversion, data conversion and data migration
- Experience with data migration and creating schemas; strong T-SQL knowledge;
thorough understanding of end-to-end data conversion/ migration concepts
- Be able to advise on options, risks, and any impacts related to data conversion & migration; knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL scripting, databases, data structures, and data types/formation
- Candidate should have strong editing background and ability to work with multiple groups across the Civil Rights Division.
- Responsible for web based application development, maintenance, and support for corporate Intranet and application systems using cost effective techniques:
- Developing, maintaining and supporting web-based applications for corporate Intranet and application systems;
Working with stakeholders and requirements analysts to understand business needs; -
- Designing and documenting technical specifications; Designing and developing SQL Server/Oracle database structures and processes;
- Working closely with other programmers and database administrators; Coding web applications; Working with quality assurance staff to address issues found; Designing and implementing appropriate security access procedures;
- Developing Mobile Applications using Android or iOS; Rewriting several large classic ASP applications to ASP.NET technology;
- Performing unit testing on each module based on test specifications; Updating program and test case specifications for any discrepancies; Providing feedback on user interfaces, critical business rules and functionalities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working directly with Government staff and/or under the direction of the, as well as the Systems Manager
- Designs entire system to meet defined requirements; Works out the details of functional and design requirements, systems design, programming specifications, data elements, data validation specifications, data capture mechanisms, and data conversion procedures through discussions with Government staff and own superiors.
- Translates the functional requirements into systems designs suitable for development of appropriate computer programs. Tests software, including preparation and use of sample data for testing purposes. Makes presentations of findings, recommendations, and specifications in formal reports and in oral presentations.
- Develops systems documentation required in the task orders.
- Consults with Government staff and with other staff to assure understanding of task objectives, identifies problems and suggests improvements.
- Provides technical expertise, direction and supervision to lower level personnel
- Reports on progress to Government staff and to superiors. Provides user and technical documentation and training for systems developed.