E-Discovery Project Coordinator
to assist in the work of the
U.S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division
Litigation Support Services
Washington, D.C. 20036
Hudson River Natural Resource Damages Document Collection
The pay rate for this position is $43-47 an hour, based on experience and qualifications.
Candidates must exceed minimum qualifications regarding maximum hourly pay rate.
Please provide requested hourly wage with your resume and references.
Travel with prior notification may be required for the position.
Period of Performance:
Date of hire through May 2021
With option of one year through June 2021
- A one-paragraph overview highlighting each candidate’s qualifications for the position, software experience, education, and certifications
- Resume for each person in MS Word format, over all 1” margins, 10-pitch font, maximum 3 pages
- Please include three (3) professional references with your resume in the following format
Name of Reference:
Relationship to candidate during tenure:
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance through federal background check
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts, Juris Doctorate, Technical Certification
or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to work onsite in Washington, D.C.
- Five (5) years E-Discovery/litigation support experience
with a focus on client solutions
Certification in E-Discovery Program preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills with both E-Discovery technical teams and non-technical business leaders and team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment agile work environment
- Experience and familiarity with E-Discovery Services covering all realms of the electronic discovery reference model or EDRM (File to Trial)
As an E-Discovery Project Coordinator, you will work with multidisciplinary teams across divisions to plan and deliver projects on time and within budget. This position requires a strong E-Discovery and leadership background, solid understanding of E-Discovery methodologies, excellent client management skills, and experience in leading projects with cross-functional technical and legal teams. Successful candidates must be action-oriented, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to executive, business, technical, and client audiences. In addition, the ideal candidate needs to be able to establish an effective workflow/solution based approach that will deliver on the goals and objectives of all assigned projects.
This position reports to and takes work direction from a Lead Project Manager, Deputy Director and Director level management. This position manages the direct reports of Task Supervisors, user support specialists and other E-Discovery personnel as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respond to client requests and provide consultation to clients to service all client E-Discovery needs
- Develop, modify and implement workflows, essentials resources needed to progress work through the system, and tools being utilized
- Initiate work on behalf of clients by crafting and submitting work orders for tasks associated with data processing, review, and production
- Conduct quality checks to ensure accuracy and completeness of job instructions and of final work product
- Communicate expectations for scope and deadlines to internal and external stakeholders
- Establish informed project schedules based on a solid understanding of project activities, sequences of events, dependencies, work effort, duration of tasks across departments, and associated resource requirements based upon the complexity of work and the size of the queue
- Participate in project management tasks including kick-off call preparation and completion, and documentation of workflows, standards and project closure tasks such as final billing and data destruction
- Maintain an understanding of e-discovery, market competitors and the tools used to support the industry
The eDiscovery Project Coordinator is a senior level position and is responsible for coordinating technical aspects such as assisting with strategic and legal aspects for all assigned projects and matters involving electronic discovery.
- Serves as the primary point of contact throughout the discovery lifecycle, applying in-depth knowledge and experience to provide expert consultation and advice on technology and best practices.
- Consults with case teams to effectively develop and apply technical strategies, requirements and goals in order to develop and implement project plans, including data collection, processing, document review, document production and trial.
- Acts as the primary point of contact and liaison for electronic discovery issues between the legal team and the contractor(s) to ensure proper communication between the parties.
- Advises legal team on technology options to respond to specific discovery needs including but not limited to recommendations for products to perform early case assessment, document search, and document reviews in the most efficient, timely, and cost effective manner.
- Participates in legal proceedings, i.e. 26(f) conferences, prepares affidavits, and testifies as to the defensibility of the government’s eDiscovery process.
- Ensures standard procedures for electronic discovery and litigation support projects are consistently applied across the life of the case.
- Develops cost estimates and advises on maximizing efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Oversees the creation of statistical reports providing information on collection, filtering, processing, review and productions.
- Delegates appropriate workflow tasks, including data management, constructing search queries, processing, production and quality control.
- Coordinates efforts of others in response to discovery requests and provides regular reports and metrics as to the status of each phase of the project.
- Stays abreast of emerging electronic discovery litigation support technology and processes. Maintains current knowledge of available software applications and in area(s) of expertise.
- Conducts regular briefings on new technology and process improvements with regard to electronic discovery.
- Facilitate standing meetings between key project stakeholders.
- Facilitate retrospectives and lessons-learned processes with large, cross-functional teams.
- Serve as a key stakeholder in the management of risks and issues across projects and within teams.
- Establish collaborative relationships with co-workers and team members.
- Assist Upper Management in other client service tasks as needed