C & C International Recruitment Accepting Resumes For
to assist in the work of the
U.S. Attorney’s Office, U.S. Department of Justice
Washington, D.C. 20530
This is a temporary to permanent hire Service Contract Act position with an hourly pay rate of $25.60 that includes a Health and Welfare Benefit of $4.22 an hour.
Service Contract Act, or SCA, position pay rates are determined by the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division. More information is available at https://beta.sam.gov/help/wage-determinations
After six (6) months of employment, potential for placement as permanent/ full-time employee with the federal contractor.
Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization.
Period of Performance:
June 1, 2021 through May 31, 2022 with potential for annual extensions
Full contact information is requested on the resume for security clearance procedures.
Resumes without complete requested information, references, and longer than two (2) pages may not be considered.
- A one-paragraph overview highlighting qualifications for the position, software experience, and education
- Resume for each person in MS Word format, over all 1” margins, 10-pitch font, maximum two (2) pages, to include professional references
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the following format:
Name of Reference:
Relationship to candidate during tenure:
- Please include the following contact information: full name, home address, home phone number, mobile phone number, and personal email address
- For each position and school attended, please list the following:
City and State
Dates of Employment
Date of Graduation (month and year)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must obtain a U.S. government security clearance, Public Trust
(active clearance preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Paralegal certificate, Juris Doctorate, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one (1) year of study
- At least one (1) year of litigation paralegal experience
- Basic legal knowledge, including knowledge of standard legal citation to cite check legal motions and memorandum
- Sufficient experience with legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw to perform basic legal research
- Thorough knowledge and hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems
- Basic familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience working in a government and/or litigation support environment, in conjunction with basic qualifications, preferred
- Automated litigation support experience
- Trial experience very helpful
- Experience with civil and/or criminal cases
- Experience with organization and management of a large volume of documents/discovery
- Current or active clearance
Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
- Review investigative reports, testimonies, interviews, files, and documents for a variety of, criminal cases to become familiar with the issues, and identify pertinent material
- Reads and analyzes reports of investigating agencies
- Sorts through and reads subpoenaed documents
- Identifies and summarizes portions that may be relevant to particular cases
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of compiling, indexing, and organizing this information and its sources
- Participates and assists in preparation for trial by compiling, organizing, and indexing various evidentiary exhibits
- Marks and identifies trial exhibits and drafts a list of exhibits to be offered at trial
- Prepares narrative summaries, charts, tables, graphs, or other visual aids to be used at trial
- Range of Paralegal tasks include, but are not limited to copying, mailing, closing files, maintaining pleadings
- Assist with other administrative tasks as the sole support person in the branch office
The above-mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one another. One is expected to perform paralegal/legal assistant duties as defined by the contract.