--- Candidate resumes were submitted for review. Please provide a resume in the requested format if you would like to be considered for further Law Clerk positions that may become available. ---
C & C International Recruitment Accepting Resumes For
Law Clerk I
to assist in the work of the
Medical Records Review
Civil Division, U.S. Department of Justice
Washington, D.C. 20002
Please review the Resume Requirements for formatting and requested information.
A writing sample is required in addition to a resume with professional references.
Resume without the required information may not be review for consideration of the position.
This is a temporary to permanent hire Service Contract Act position with an hourly pay rate of $36.60 that includes a Health and Welfare Benefit of $4.22 an hour.
Service Contract Act, or SCA, position pay rates are determined by the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division.
More information is available at https://beta.sam.gov/help/wage-determinations
Upon completion of six (6) months of employment, the selected candidate can expect an annual salary as a permanent full-time employee with the federal contractor.
Period of Performance:
Date of Hire through May 31, 2022 with one year extension
The position is authorized for remote operations until U.S. Department of Justice personnel authorize return to the office.
Full contact information is requested on the resume for security clearance procedures.
- A one-paragraph overview highlighting qualifications for the position, software experience, and education
- Resume for each person in MS Word format, over all 1” margins, 10-pitch font, maximum pages, to include professional references
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the following format:
Name of Reference:
Relationship to candidate during tenure:
- Please include the following contact information: full name, home address, home phone number, mobile phone number, and personal email address
- For each position and school attended, please list the following:
City and State
Dates of Employment (month and year)
Date of Graduation (month and year)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must obtain a U.S. government security clearance, Public Trust
(active clearance preferred)
Law Clerk I
- Requires Law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one (1) year of study or, an equivalent level of legal training or experience or an equivalent level of education may be substituted
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging. Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Law Clerk I
- *Experience conducting legal medical records review and ability to summarize medical records.
- *Familiarity with medical terms.
- *Extensive Cite Checking / Blue Booking Experience
- *Ability to consistently deliver highest quality of work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- *Highly detail oriented individual.
- *Active security clearance, preferred.
- *Experience working in litigation databases such as Relativity is a plus
Law Clerk I position supports the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in Washington, DC with Medical Records Review. Works under the direction of a Project Supervisor or Project Manager.
- Performs complex legal research for the trial staff
- Assists in preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memorandum of law, et cetera, reviewing documents for relevance and privilege
- Assists attorneys with all phases of litigation
- Cite checking and medical records review.