Help Desk Manager
Manage the Self Help (client help desk) organization comprising help desk and onsite support staff. Provide functional and technical leadership to address and anticipate service requirements in a client-facing litigation support environment
Provide technology guidance and understand related technical issues including networking, operating systems, backup and storage, and desktop support. Develop, maintain and lead: training program for all supported software/hardware used and/or identified by client; technical writing needs for all tip sheets, guides and requests; monthly newsletter (identify topics, identify resources, subjects, subject matter experts, contribute to writing.
Oversee all invoicing, billing, maintenance plans and financials for client supported software.
Demonstrate litigation support vision and the ability to implement that vision in a complex technical environment.
Plan, coordinate and track all activities, monitor workflow, progress reporting, identify and assign staff, identify and develop business opportunities, develop and track budget, coordinate technical/data processing support, and obtain other required resources. Frequent contact with the Director, Other Functional Area Managers, COR, Government Case Managers, trial attorneys, client agency staff.
Responsible for managing a staff of exempt and non-exempt (WD) employees, which will include coaching, counseling, career development, assessment, and other employee relations/ development actions.
- Minimum of five (5) years management of personnel
- Strong customer/collaboration skills
- Knowledge and experience with eDiscovery and review tools such as Relativity, Concordance, iCONECT, CaseMap, Timemap
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex and time-sensitive litigation support activities simultaneously
- Ability to lead and manage a team/supervising day-to-day activities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Creative leader, value producer, highly committed to solving problems.
- Previous experience in Government environment
- Help desk experience
- Training experience
- Budget and cost estimate experience
- Has had direct reports
- Innovation and Creativity – bringing solutions people didn’t know they even needed