Information Assurance Engineer (Security Compliance)
CLEARANCE - SECRET
Information Assurance Engineer (Security Compliance) responsibilities include:
• Perform daily vulnerability assessment, threat assessment, mitigation and reporting activities in order to safeguard Agency information assets.
• Perform vulnerability scanning on Information Systems to ensure protection has been put in place on those systems.
• Conduct remote administration to include managing accounts, passwords, server updates, patching, and backups of Windows and Linux/Unix servers.
• Provide incident response functions when appropriate and coordinate activities with site Incidnet Handlers.
• Conduct research pertaining to the latest viruses, worms, etc. and the latest technological advances in combating unauthorized access to information.
• Write guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and other technical documentation.
• Support Information Assurance asset deployments, upgrades, and maintenance; including servers, databases, network assets and wireless intrusion detection (WIDS) LAN security
• Assess and review current technology infrastructure to identify key risks areas, and ensure adequate level of control are in place to address those risks.
• Recommend technological and architectural upgrades/modifications to Agency's Information Systems Security architecture.
• Perform other Network Security/Information Assurance tasks as assigned.
• Support the Agency in publishing incidents, alerts, advisories and bulletins as required.
• Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer Representative and SOC management.
Qualities/Additional info: Cyber Security Services Engineer should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills. Cyber Security Services Branch Team Member should be a self-starter, capable of independently working projects. Frequent interaction with government client is required. Occasional local travel. Infrequent (<5%) local travel, infrequent (<5%) long distance travel.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
- Minimum five (5) years IT experience.
Security Operations Center
- Must have three (3) years experience administering Windows and UNIX-based systems and TCP/IP networking.
• Experience with the following:
• HP WebInspect
• Red Seal
• DP Protect
• McAfee Vulnerability Manager
• HP Fortify on Demand (FOD)
• Wireless Intrusion Devices
• Authentication technologies (e.g. PGP, password files etc.)
• Knowledge of anti-virus software functionally and capabilities
• Knowledge of wireless LAN security (802.11)
• Advanced Routing and Switching, Remote Access, Multilayer Switching, Cisco IOS security, VPN security, and Troubleshooting
• LAN/System/Network administrator
• Windows, Linux, and networks
• TCP/IP (Network System Engineering)
• Maintain awareness on current "special threats
• Perform penetration tests
• CISSP and/or SANS/GIAC Certification, CCNP/CCDP a plus and Cisco WLAN certification a plus
• Experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
Level of Clearance Required: Department of Defense Secret
US Citizenship Required: Yes
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME IN MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT TO: