Senior Sensor Maintenance Support
The Senior Sensor Maintenance is filled by an individual skilled in the area of sensor configuration, design, maintenance, and signature development. This position supports a Civilian Agency Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) organization protecting the network security of tens of thousands of users. The work site is located in Leesburg, Virginia.
These systems are deemed critical to the SOC and require maintenance of all product and process documentation. The Senior Sensor Maintenance requires the ability to:
• Provide the technical expertise required to modify (upgrade) and/or replace existing SOC monitoring devices as needed.
• Install, maintain, monitors, troubleshoots, and decommissions sensor devices
• Configured in accordance with DOT and SOC standards.
• Maintain configuration control of all signatures and test them before being deployed in the operational environment.
• Evaluate and test all upgrades and patches prior to deployment in production.
• Identify requirements for additional sensor locations which will enhance the situational awareness capability.
• Underlying factors affecting the expansion of sensor deployment will be the results of the ongoing Network Mapping task and the continued installation of Intrusion Detection Sensors.
• Coordinate and assist local personnel in the installation of network intrusion detection systems as approved by the COR or SOC management.
• Support the DOT in the preparation of site coordination reports for each installation.
• These reports will contain at a minimum:
o Point-of-Contact (POC) information from the site (e.g., network technician and Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), if applicable),
o Installation location and applicable addresses, network diagrams to include Network Intrusion Device sensor configuration information (proposed and installed), connection details, and facility requirements.
• Develop IDS Life Cycle plan for all IDS, including support with testing of new IDS systems.
• Lead configuration management and develop processes to track system and signature change
• Lead deployment planning and implementation tasks.
• Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer Representative and SOC management.
Qualities/Additional info: Senior Sensor Maintenance must provide coverage and maintain a presence in the SOC eight (8) hours per day, five (5) days per week, Monday-Friday between the hours of (0600 – 1800, EST/EDT) with augmentation staff available twenty four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, three hundred sixty five (365) days per year, within three (3) hour notice to respond to DOT and SOC Management requirements. Senior Sensor Maintenance should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills, and a fine attention to detail. He/she should also be a self-starter, capable of working on projects independently, if required. Extremely effective oral and written communications skills are necessary to present strategy and status information to the client in both formal and informal review settings. Frequent interaction with government client is required. Occasional local travel. Infrequent (<5%) local travel, infrequent (<5%) long distance travel.
Security Operations Center
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience.
• In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
• Minimum six (6) years IT experience.
• Experience with the following;
o Advanced Routing and Switching, Remote Access, Multilayer Switching, Cisco IOS security, VPN security, and Troubleshooting
o LAN/System/Network administrator,
o Windows and Linux networks,
o TCP/IP (Network System Engineering),
o Cisco IDS devices
o Cisco and juniper Firewalls
o Experience with information security devices (e. g., firewalls, and intrusion detection/prevention systems) and applications (e.g. security information management tools (e.g., NetForensics, ArcSight
o Experience with business process reengineering, capability maturity model, change management, or process improvement.
• Experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
Level of Clearance Required: Department of Defense Secret
US Citizenship Required: Yes
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT INCLUDE ALL YOUR CONTACT INFO.-