Intermediate Sensor Maintenance
Clarance - Secret
The Intermediate Sensor Maintenance is filled by an individual skilled in the area of sensor configuration, design, maintenance, and signature development. This position supports a Civilian Agency Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) organization protecting the network security of tens of thousands of users. The work site is located in Leesburg, Virginia.
The Intermediate Sensor Maintenance requires the ability to:
• Install, maintain, monitor, troubleshoot, and decommissions sensor devices.
• Configured in accordance with DOT and SOC standards.
• Maintain configuration control of all signatures and test them before being deployed in the operational environment.
• Evaluate and test all upgrades and patches prior to deployment in production.
• Identify requirements for additional sensor locations which will enhance the situational awareness capability.
• Underlying factors affecting the expansion of sensor deployment will be the results of the ongoing Network Mapping task and the continued installation of Intrusion Detection Sensors.
• Coordinate and assist local personnel in the installation of network intrusion detection systems as approved by the COR or SOC management.
• Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer Representative and SOC management.
Qualities/Additional info: Intermediate Sensor Maintenance must utilize ordered hours to provide coverage and maintain a presence in the SOC eight (8) hours per day, five (5) days per week, Monday-Friday between the hours of (0600 – 1800, EST/EDT) with augmentation staff available twenty four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, three hundred sixty five (365) days per year, within three (3) hour notice to respond to DOT and SOC Management requirements. Intermediate Sensor Maintenance should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills, and a fine attention to detail. Intermediate Sensor Maintenance should also be a self-starter, capable of working on projects independently, if required. Extremely effective oral and written communications skills are necessary to present strategy and status information to the client in both formal and informal review settings. Frequent interaction with government client is required. Occasional local travel. Infrequent (<5%) local travel, infrequent (<5%) long distance travel.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
• Minimum six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
• In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
• Minimum three (3) years IT experience.
Security Operations Center
Experience with the following:
• Experience with the following;
o Advanced Routing and Switching, Remote Access, Multilayer Switching, Cisco IOS security, VPN security, and Troubleshooting
o LAN/System/Network administrator,
o Windows and Linux networks,
o TCP/IP (Network System Engineering),
o Cisco IDS devices
o Experience with Python scripting
o Cisco and juniper Firewalls
o Experience with information security devices (e. g., firewalls, and intrusion detection/prevention systems) and applications (e.g. security information management tools (e.g., NetForensics, ArcSight.)
o Experience with business process reengineering, capability maturity model, change management, or process improvement.
• Experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
Level of Clearance Required: Department of Defense Secret
US Citizenship Required: Yes
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT INCLUDE ALL YOUR CONTACT INFO.-