Program Management Support
CLEARANCE - SECRET
The Program Manager supports a Civilian Agency Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) organization protecting the network security of tens of thousands of users. The work site is located in Leesburg, Virginia.
Program Manager responsibilities include:
• The Program Manager will take direction from the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) and SOC management team for all work to be performed by Contract personnel.
• Serve as the on-site contact for contractor personnel understanding the latest status of projects being worked by the contractor team, handling scheduling of personnel, drafting reports, and being the first line of communication with the Agency concerning contractor team issues.
• Build, oversee, grow and support as necessary, the SOC Branches consisting of:
• The Cyber Security Services Branch performs:
•Vulnerability Assessment and scanning
• The Risk Analysis and Response Branch performs:
• 1st level analysis of network traffic using Intrusion Detection/Prevention Sensors (IDS/IPS) sensors.
• 2nd level analysis of network traffic using IDS/IPS sensors and a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool.
•Maintenance, security control configuration and rule set development for various security devices.
• Coordinates activities with field site personnel as directed by the government.
• The Operations Support Branch performs:
• Research, testing, implementation, configuration and maintenance functions.
•Asset deployments, as well as database, network, system and firewall administration functions.
•Set up and maintenance of research and development lab, including cradle-to-grave assessments of potential new tools for incorporation into the security architecture.
• Recommend technological/architectural upgrades/modifications to Agency information security architecture.
• Serve as a technical resource at Agency meetings and presentations.
• Provide input to draft InfoSec policies.
•Augment coverage for shifts positions when required.
•Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer Representative and SOC management.
Qualities/Additional info: Program Manager should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to work in high pace / demanding environment with technical staff implementing processes and procedures and senior / executive customer staff at an agency policy level. Program Manager should also be a self-starter, capable of working projects cradle-to-grave, independently if necessary. Continuous interaction with government client is required. Occasional local travel. Infrequent (<5%) local travel, infrequent (<5%) long distance travel.
Security Operations Center
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of one (1) year experience managing a SOC type operation for a government or commercial client with a staff of at least 25 persons.
- In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
- Minimum twelve (12) years IT experience with at least five years in Network Security.
- Three (3) years network security analysis, using intrusion detection systems.
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools (Nessus, FoundScan, etc.).
- Experience conducting analysis at the packet level.
- Experience with Capability Maturity Models (CMM).
- Firewall administration experience (Checkpoint, etc.).
- Experience with Snort, and Cisco intrusion detection sensors.
- Experience with Host-Based and Network-Base IDS.
- Experience with Security Information Management Tools (ArcSight, netForensics, e-Security, etc.).
- AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, and Content Filtering solutions.
- Help Desk Systems and Network Management solutions.
- CISSP and/or SANS/GIAC Certification.
- Experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
Level of Clearance Required: Department of Defense Secret
US Citizenship Required: Yes
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT INCLUDE ALL YOUR CONTACT INFO.-