Systems Engineering Manager
Abacus Technology Corporation is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager to lead systems engineering staff in providing architecture, design, and technology specifications for technical solutions to be implemented and/or enhanced. The Systems Engineering Manager is responsible for developing, integrating, implementing, operating, and maintaining the IT infrastructure systems and services for NASA Headquarters.
- Minimum of 10 years of systems engineering experience
- Supervisory experience of Systems Engineering staff
- Establishes information requirements using analytical methods, for enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems
- Designs systems and architectures that include software, hardware, and communications solutions to support the total requirements
- Provides for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces
- Ensures architectures are in compliance with open systems standards as they apply to the client’s environment
- Evaluates compatibility of information system development efforts with agency architectures and recommends adjustments
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of workflow, organization, and planning and develops appropriate corrective action
- Provides consulting support on complex tasks and supervision and direction to Systems Engineering staff
- Experience developing, implementing, and maintaining a Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) and other related systems engineering documentation and deliverables
- Experience in leading and/or participating in peer reviews, Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs), Structured Walkthroughs (SWTs) Architectural Review Board (ARB) meetings, Program Management Review Board (PMRB) meetings, and Interface Control Working Group (ICWG) meetings.
- Systems engineering experience in support of NASA systems and applications
- Experience in complying with all NASA systems engineering policies, standards, and operating procedures, including NASA’s Systems Engineering Methodology
- Systems engineering certification(s), including Expert Systems Engineering Professional (ESEP), Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP), and/or Associate Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP)