The Paralegal will conduct research, analysis and writing related to the Privacy Act, E-government Act, FISMA, and other privacy-related regulations, guidance, and standards. More specifically, the Paralegal will:
- Conduct legal research, analysis and writing related to new and existing Federal privacy laws, statues, and guidance, including full reference and research services on legal, legislative, and regulatory privacy laws, issues and precedents.
- Review privacy risk assessments for completeness and accuracy. Review repository of compliance documents and communicate with offices as necessary to obtain additional information.
- Support activities related to Federal privacy breach laws, statutes and guidance.
- Communicate with offices as necessary to coordinate the updating of current system notices and creation of new system notices as required.
- Draft, review and track privacy compliance documentation and reports required pursuant to privacy-related laws and guidance.
- Assist in the preparation and conduct of privacy training offerings and surveys.
- Is expected to work independently on tasks without the need for continuous input from SEC staff.
- Requires Paralegal Certificate - An equivalent level of legal training may be substituted for the Paralegal Certificate.
- Requires 2 years of experience in the required specialty of privacy-related regulations, guidance, and standards.
- Requires thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS/NEXIS, CLEAR, Westlaw.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office 2010 or newer programs, and Adobe Professional, or newer program, to include redacting and redlining expertise.
- Must have ability to obtain a clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.